Inland Wetlands & Watercourses Agency

The Planning and Zoning Commission is also the Town's designated Inland Wetlands Agency.  When work is being done in a wetland or watercourse, or within 100 feet of a wetland or watercourse, application must be made to the PZC/IWA for an inland wetlands permit.  Regulated activities include removing material from; depositing material in; construction or building upon; obstructing; altering; or polluting a wetland or watercourse.

Also, if land to be subdivided contains a wetland or watercourse, a wetlands permit is required regardless of whether there is any work to be conducted in or within 100 feet of the wetland or watercourse.