Unacceptable Household Hazardous Waste

Do Not Bring / Not Accepted at the HHW Collection

  • Motor Oil - contact your Town Transfer Station for Disposal; many Auto Stores will accept it too.
  • Antifreeze - contact your Town Transfer Station for Disposal; Auto Stores may accept it too.
  • Large Quantities of Unknown Materials
  • BioMedical Wastes
  • Commercial Fire Extinguishers - (residential household type fire extinguishers are OK for collection)
  • Radioactive Wastes
  • Commercial Smoke Detectors - (residential household type smoke detectors are OK for collection)
  • Unknown Gas Cylinders
  • BBQ Gas Grill Cylinders (20 lb.)  - (contact your Town's Transfer Station, they likely will accept)
  • Industrial/Commercial Gas Cylinders of all types (welding gases, medical gases, etc)

Substances Regulated by Drug Enforcement Administration
(Manchester Police Dept. collects unwanted medications - click here(PDF, 41KB))

Contact your Police Department for instructions on disposal of the following:

  • Ammunition
  • Explosives
  • Fireworks
  • Flares
  • Gun Powder