CT State Building Codes
Effective October 1st, 2022
Pursuant to section §29-252 of the Connecticut General Statutes, the following national model codes, as amended herein, are adopted and shall be known as the 2022 Connecticut State Building Code:
- 2021 International Building Code
- 2017 ICC/ANSI A117.1 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities
- 2021 International Existing Building Code
- 2021 International Plumbing Code
- 2021 International Mechanical Code
- 2021 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2020 NFPA 70, National Electrical Code, of the National Fire Protection Association Inc.
- 2021 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code
- 2021 International Residential Code
Copies of the International Codes may be obtained from the International Code Council, Inc.,
4051 West Flossmoor Road., Country Club Hills, IL 60478-5795 (website: www.iccsafe.org).
Copies of the 2020 NFPA 70, National Electrical Code, may be obtained from the National Fire
Protection Association Inc., 1 Batterymarch Park, P.O. Box 9101, Quincy, MA 02169-7471
Copies of the 2022 Connecticut State Building Code document may be downloaded from the website: www.portal.ct.gov/DAS.
The requirements of the 2022 Connecticut State Building Code shall apply to all work for which a permit
application was made on or after the date of adoption.